I am a graduate of the University of Baltimore
I have enjoyed being an undergrad student exploring game making and social media in UBalt's Simulation & Digital Entertainment Bachelor of Science program. I’m a news junky, enjoy digital art, theatre, science and technology. I have been a theatrical Technical Director, Production Manager and Web Specialist.
Eugene L. Moxley's academic career includes:
- Graduating Summa Cum Laude
- Being active as a USG Student Council member.
- Being a two-time recipient of a merit based scholarship from AFCEA Bethesda.
- Induction into the Sigma Nu Tau Entrepreneurship Honor Society.
- Induction into the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.
Mr. Moxley's professional career includes:
- Web Production for the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), tasked with delivering several web components on time and meeting the exacting standards required by the publisher of the journal, Science.
- Ten years of Project Management experience, putting together Broadway style musicals for the U.S. and Canadian touring circuits, major casino markets, Europe, Asia and South America.
- Many years each as a touring Stagehand, Technical Director and Scene Shop Carpenter.
- Facilities Manager for the Olney Theatre Center, opening their $8.5 million New Mainstage Theatre and overseeing the day-to-day operations and upkeep of their 14-acre physical plant.
2006 to May of 2014
During these years I earned an Associate of Applied Science degree and a Bachelor of Science degree both with honors, while also being a husband, father, and working part-time. I have been awarded two merit based scholarships from AFCEA Bethesda, served on the USG Student Council, and became a member of the Sigma Nu Tau Entrepreneurship Honor Society.
Web Manager / Jr. Web Developer
The Helen Hayes Awards, now known as theatreWashington.org
from Fall of 2007 through the end of 2011
- Web application / custom-built CMS development using ColdFusion and MS SQL Server.
- Performed SQL query reports, data updates, and web site maintenance.
- Created Flash marketing ads and redesigned their TixCertificates website.
- Wrote a needs analysis for their website to be used for request for proposal.
iQ Solutions, Inc.
during the Fall of 2010
Assisted the web department on a variety of internet projects including:
- HTML markup.
- Quality Assurance testing of new products.
- 508 compliance of PDF documents.
Facilities Manager / Production Manager
The Olney Theatre Center
Facilites Manager, from Summer of 2005 through the end of 2006
- Managed all aspects of a 14-acre campus consisting of four live theatre stages, shops, offices and housing facilities; including HVAC systems, security, custodial and grounds services.
- Responsible for space scheduling, event and rental setups and change-overs.
- Worked directly with vendors and contractors to open and maintain the organization's assets.
- Wrote procedural manuals documenting the systems and duties for the position.
- Contributed to the successful opening of $8.5 million New Mainstage Theatre.
Production Manager, from Spring of 2004 to Summer of 2005
- Coordinated an 8-show season which included:
- Contract execution for artistic staff.
- Weekly payroll for union and nonunion staff and performers.
- Budgets and spending approvals.
- Travel and housing.
- Staff hiring.
- Production scheduling.
- Negotiated agreements and contracted space rentals.
Web Production Specialist
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
from Spring of 2002 to Spring of 2004
- Detailed HTML / SGML markup under time critical daily and weekly deadlines.
- Created web sites advertising AAAS products and services.
- Established referrer links for published PhD authors working in a customer service capacity.
- Worked closely with editors and authors to assure content accuracy.
- Received AAAS Outstanding Team Player Award, 2003.
Troika Entertainment, LLC
1991 - 2000
- Developed over 40 new touring musical stage productions.
- Collaborated with Broadway directors and designers to bring their vision to reality.
- Managed all aspects of each project’s production schedule.
- Created and managed six figure dollar budgets, approved spending.
- Hired traveling crews, supervised costume and scene shop staff and facilities.
- Negotiated lighting and sound rental package deals.
University of Baltimore
Bachelor of Science
in Simulation and Digital Entertainment
from 2008 to 2014
Summa Cum Laude with a 3.965 Cumulative GPA.
Sigma Nu Tau Entrepreneurship Honor Society, Inducted.
University of Baltimore's Institutional Representative to the Universities at Shady Grove Student Council.
Associate of Applied Science
in Web Content, Marketing and Design,
Web Specialist Certificate
from 2000 to 2001, and 2006 to 2007
Graduated with Honors with a 3.79 GPA.
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Inducted.